Freenergy Solar Solutions is a locally owned and operated supplier and installer of solar energy systems in Hawkes Bay. We specialise in all things solar, supply and installation of solar power, solar water heating and solar pool heating systems across the region. Our core business is solar power where we install grid tie, hybrid grid tie with battery storage and off grid systems.
Our thirteen-year-old business has a strong market share in HB. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, our point of difference is our product knowledge and we handle everything in house, controlling the quality to the end user. We have a small, driven team with a strong culture.
Our core values:
The solar industry is growing in NZ and has a bright future, we love what we do and are looking for an energetic, motivated person to join our team and grow with us.
If a career in the solar industry is on your wish list, we look forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer graduate to join our small team in Hawkes Bay.
You will report to the General Manager/Owner and support him with the pre & post sales process. You must have a can do, team attitude and will assist the installation team as required with technical and monitoring issues.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
• Preparing roof plans and grid tie solar system design
• Off grid solar system design
• Procurement and maintaining job and warehouse stock levels
• Picking and packing upcoming jobs for the install team
• Post-sales support including customer monitoring setup and ongoing customer relationships
• System maintenance, remote & on-site diagnostics
• Technical phone assistance for customers & installers
• Provide input into process improvements to streamline our business processes
• On site installation assistance as required
• System quoting, preparing quotes & sales support for the sales team
• Assist at home shows, talking to customers
• The role is primarily focused on solar power systems, but you will also need to gain an understanding & quote solar water heating and solar pool heating systems
You must have:
• NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
• Flexibility to work in a small team
• Great communications and able to fit into a strong team culture and build relationships
• Current full drivers’ licence
• Previous Solar & PV design experience or education is preferred
• Excellent spoken English
• The ability to follow procedures and systems
• The ability to use your initiative to problem solve and take responsibility
• The ability to work independently and improve current systems
• Enthusiasm to grow with the business
• Excellent computer literacy including email, google calendar, internet, MS Office
• Ability to use mobile phone applications
• Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Tidy appearance
We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and were awarded the ‘Small Business of the Year’ from the Sustainable Electricity Association of NZ.
This role has excellent opportunity to grow with this exciting growth industry. We are a small team who enjoy what we do.
We are all about lifestyle, we love our fishing, diving, surfing and most outdoor activities. Work life balance is in our culture.
If you are looking for a secure career in the best area of NZ, with a growing business who is small enough to be flexible and established enough to be secure, we would love to discuss the role further.
Please send all applications with a CV and cover letter by email to [email protected]
Proposed start: ASAP
Remuneration: TBC – Market rates
Hours: 0800 to 1630 weekdays.
Occasional overtime, weekend and overnight out of town work
Place of work: On site throughout Hawkes Bay (and further afield as required)
Office at: 1027 Links Road – Waiohiki – Napier
06 6510924 Office