A quick breakdown from SEANZ perspective on political party policies for the October 2023 Election
- 100% renewable electricity generation by 2030 – $70m to accelerate dry year storage solution, such as pumped hydro at Lake Onslow.
- Household rebates for energy efficient homes – up to $18,000 each.
- Double rooftop solar – rebates up to $4000.
- Electrify New Zealand – turbo-charge new renewable wind, geothermal and solar power projects.
- Supercharge EV infrastructure – nationwide network of 10,000 public EV chargers by 2030.
- Affordable and reliable energy – cut red tape, remove state from energy development, fast-track offshore wind permits.
- Aotearoa powered by clean, affordable, renewable energy – reform electricity market, support households in energy transition.
- Solar rebates to $8000
- Supporting renewable energy and energy efficiency at community and grassroots level – $1bn fund for Māori-owned community energy projects/solar panel installations, new national Māori strategy for renewable energy and clean technology.
Tell us what you think
No comments yet.