SEANZ Fronius New Zealand Sustainable Energy Industry Awards 2022
SEANZ was delighted to announce this year’s Fronius Energy Award winners at the organisation’s Tomorrow's Energy Today conference on the 26th of August in association with Taspac Energy.
The 2022 awards recognise and celebrate the innovative projects and technologies in the sustainable energy space.
SEANZ Chairman Brendan Winitana says “every year the SEANZ awards attracts a multitude of submissions, what challenges SEANZ is selecting category winners. The categories are designed to enable greater representation across the industry with distributed energy resources and in 2022 the range in each category is astounding in terms of quality and outcomes. What it does prove is the ongoing commitment of those in the SEANZ group to lift the game, provide innovative solutions to challenges and maintain a benchmark standard set several years back by previous winners.”
The award winners were announced at the industry dinner that took place at the SEANZ annual conference, which brought together the key players across sectors who can lead the drive toward a resilient and 100% renewable energy system.
This year’s event, the biggest and best yet, featured a two day programme encompassing retail level experience and new programmes for solar and consumers, an intro to the Flex Forum, innovative case studies and a look into funding options using collaboration as a solution to drive innovation for end commercial and industrial markets.
Download Awards preview images here
Award Winners for 2022:
1. Ara Ake Award for Innovation: Ara Ake - SEANZ Innovation Award Partner
- Winner: solarZero for The solarZero VPP
2. Best Community Project
- Winner: Lightforce for the Lightforce Academy
- Runner-up: Tū Mai Rā for virtual solar power network across Te Orewai Hapū Marae in Pipiwai, Whangarei
3. Best Environmental Impact
- Winner: Sunergy Solar for the installation of solar systems at Oaklands Milk/Raine Farm, Nelson
- Runner-up: solarZero for reduced carbon emissions
4. Best Grid-Connected Renewable System
- Winner: Sunergise for Kings Plant Barn
- Runner-up: Vector Powersmart
5. Best Small Business
- Winner: Tū Mai Rā
- Runner-up: Ecoefficient Solutions
5. Best Large Business
- Winner: Vector Powersmart
- Runner-up: Sunergise